Wednesday, May 14, 2003

This is the dumbest thing I have heard of for years. As a good libertarian, of course I believe that these people, if they're of legal age and sound mind, should have every right to get their tongues split if they are sufficiently stupid to do so. But I just do not understand why you would want to do that. I am thoroughly disgusted. Repulsed. Sickened. Good God, just look at the photograph accompanying the story. I sure hope this is a hoax.

Good Lord. Getting your tongue split. That has all the appeal of, say, coprophagia. Next thing you know people will be getting trepanned just for fun. What? You say they already do that? That's old news? Gee, I tell you what, I think I'm gonna have a colostomy. That'll look great at the beach this summer, you know, sunning on the Costa Brava with my colostomy bag sticking out of my side. It'll be the next fad. Don't let the losers who read all those other blogs beat you to this one; be the first in your crowd to wear your own colostomy bag! I hate those poseurs who just get the bag attached but don't really have the operation.

No comments: