Monday, March 24, 2003

Sorry, guys, not tonight, and after I'd taken three pages of notes--I'd gone on last time without any except for the quotations I didn't use anyway. They ran out of time since they had to get the necessary clownishness all in and so there's no debate tonight; it's been rescheduled for either tomorrow or Wednesday.

This guy named José, who is apparently a Spanish leftist according to his blog, Tierra y libertad, is kind enough to comment on both this blog and my television performance the other night. He links to some video that I hadn't seen before. I watched it; hadn't seen it before since I don't know how to work our VCR except to play videos from Blockbuster. God, my accent is horrible, but I really did do OK. He is polite and open-minded and admits that, though he is anti-war, that I put up a pretty decent case ("coherent from the American perspective"). His blog is good; it's extremely well-written, this guy's Spanish is a good model for you non-Spanish-speakers who are interested in learning to write Spanish effectively. I disagree with most of what he says, of course, but he is reasonable and he argues according to the rules. Check it out for a different perspective on Spain than you get from me.

No comments: